Salt Lake City, UT
References Available Upon Request
Chalk Couture - Design Manager
- Act as the lead for the Product Design team in the design, illustration and production of Chalk Transfers, ChalkMade Kits, Chalk Surfaces, and all other Chalk Couture products as needed.
- Establish and manage all timelines and schedules related to product design. Integrate timelines with multiple departments to insure on-time product launches.
- Act as an extraordinary project manager and communicator between Product Design, Product Development, Communication Design, and Supply Chain, and to move products smoothly from concept, through the design and approval phase, and to completion.
- Work closely with Product Strategy Director and Product Development team to brainstorm Chalk Transfer themes, concept product ideas and design styles that fit within the Chalk Couture brand.
- Use creative skills to create original illustration, design, and hand-lettering for transfer designs and other printed and digital products. Design and production of reference sheets for hard goods produced domestically and overseas.
- Collaborate with Product Development on aesthetic execution of products (color choices, product finishes, integration with existing product lines, etc.)
- Mentor and manage product designers and review designs to ensure they adhere to the Chalk Couture aesthetic. Collaborate with CEO, Product Strategy Director, and Creative Director in product reviews and critiques.
- Source designs to freelance illustrators and designers as needed. Manage all freelance contracts, licensing, budgets, and deadlines for on-time delivery.
- Follow design and color trends as they relate to the home goods market.
- Review and approve product samples for accuracy in design. Follow-through with revisions as needed to ensure that all chalk transfers and products meet Chalk Couture standards
Scrapbook Expo - Graphic Artist, Creative Direction, Sourcing & Production
Lead the design department in creating on trend patterns and illustrations for the craft and stationery industry. Opened new revenue streams by sourcing factories in china to produce paper product designs. Created all illustrations, patterns & artwork, Created and maintained company brand, website and e-commerce. Also provided trend forecasting, marketing, plan-o-grams, merchandising, quality control and all product and event photography for both company brands.
Photoplay Paper - Graphic Artist, Art Direction, Web Development & Design
Creative pattern and illustration design for start up paper manufacturer. Lead the team to create new products to bring to market. Illustration, surface design, web conceptualization and development & marketing, social media and SEO. Responsibilities include illustrating and creating patterns, paper and embellishments to bring to market.
Fung Future - Graphic Artist, Art Direction
Created artwork and designs in which a variety of large box store buyers such as Michaels, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Walmart, Dollar General & Dollar Store, Target outsourced. Met directly with buyers and consulted with factory on buyers needs.
Silhouette America - Graphic Design & Content Creation
In charge of illustration and content creation for digital online marketplace. Responsibilities also included product photography and social media as well as working with licenced product designs.
Little Dreamer Designs / hellodreamer.com - Owner and Designer
Responsible for creating and illustrating digital art, paper, patterns, embellishments, and home goods to sell the crafting public, website design and maintenance, server maintenance, social media, sales campaigns, copyrighting, proofing, editing, marketing, sales and promotions, newsletter updates on products and promotions, product control, sales reports, customer service, design team management for 21 other talented designers.
Freelance Illustration, Design, and Web Development Services
Provided freelance illustration, design, and/or web development services to the following companies: Crate Paper, American Crafts, DCWV, Pebbles, Dear Lizzy, We R , Memory Keepers, Craft Smith, Echo Park Paper, Paper House Design, Prima Marketing, Simple Stories, Pink Paislee, L&S Brands, And designing for companies like Michael’s Arts and Crafts, Walmart, Target, Cracker Barrel, The Container Store , and JoAnn’s Fabrics.
Leadership and collaboration ability, project and time management skills, home office and capacity for remote work, color theory, typography, and more.
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Procreate InDesign, Excel, Microsoft Office, Mac & PC, PowerPoint, Word, Lightroom, Aperture, Video and screen capture for video and web tutorials, Social Media, SEO, Marketing and Branding, Copyrighting, Web Development and Design, WordPress design and coding, Infusionsoft, Basecamp, HTML, Java, PHP